With increasing age, problems related to chronic pain in the body and various joints also increases. Exercising regularly is a great way to keep the joints healthy and to minimize the risk of developing at least joints related issues.
Most common types of chronic pain are:
- Chronic Back Pain- The most common chronic pain is that of the back. As per a study by the University of North Carolina, about 84 percent of the adults in the United States will experience chronic back pain at some point in their life.
- Chronic Headaches- If you are suffering from headaches at least 15 days a month and for 3 months in a row, then an alarm is on and you may be suffering from a chronic headache. About 90 percent of the population reports a headache in their lifetime.
- Chronic Joint Pain- About 1 in every 2 adults in the United States suffers from arthritis or similar condition, this leads to chronic joint pains. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and tendinitis are some of the chronic joint pain causes.
- Chronic Nerve Pain- Diabetic neuropathy, sciatica, trigeminal neuralgia is some of the examples of chronic nerve pain. In nerve pain, the myelin sheath is damaged.
The cost of management of chronic pain is very high and requires regular drug intake to minimize the pain in the affected area. Many cultures have their own remedies to treat these extreme pain conditions. Following are top 5 homemade remedies for chronic pain:
1. Glass Of Milk With Turmeric-
Do you know your kitchen has many fantastic ingredients present that have great healing properties? Among various spices that you put into your food, turmeric is one wonder spice. If you are searching for homemade remedies for relieving you of your chronic pain, then look no further and open the container with turmeric. Add a teaspoon full of turmeric into a glass of milk and heat it at medium temperature. Now, what are you waiting for, drink it! Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and is a natural painkiller. It is beneficial into arthritis pain, heartburn and inflammation.
2. Oil Massage-
Exercise is very good for your body and mind, as it releases stress-reducing hormones naturally. It also keeps your joints healthy and minimizing the chances of any chronic ailment in them. Similarly, body massage is very useful to keep both bodies and mind healthy. Massage with mustard oil is very beneficial as it has natural rubefacient increasing the blood flow naturally to the surface of the skin and speeds up the healing process. Add 6-8 cloves of garlic into 5 tablespoons of mustard oil and heat it. Let it cool down and then apply on the affected area, repeat the message for better results. Similar to mustard oil there are other sources of essential oils that are good home remedies in chronic pain conditions.
3. Eat Banana For Pain Relieve-
Potassium is very important for the healthy muscles and banana is superrich into it. Weak muscle leads to frequent cramps and fatigue leading to painful conditions, potassium deficiency is one of the reasons for weak muscles. Eating a banana or drinking tasty banana shake provides you the crucial intake of potassium and calcium to keep pain at bay.
4. Bath With Epsom Salt In Warm Water-
Adding a small amount of Epsom salt into warm water and then soaking the feet helps relax the muscles. Bathing with Epsom salt also relaxes from body pain. As a home treatment in arthritis pain and swelling, Epsom salt is very useful.
5. Apple-Cider Vinegar-
It is probably one of the best homemade remedies for relief from chronic pain. Apple cider vinegar is very effecting in muscle pain relief. Just add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in a bathtub full of warm water and soak yourself into it, after a few minutes you will see the wonderful effect of this remedy.